It all Started with a Medical Breakthrough
- 1958: Scientists discover the sodium- glucose pump
- 1968. Effective oral treatment of dehydration discovered
- 1969. The formula was adopted by The World Health Organization
- 1978. Lancet publishes study hailing Oral Rehydration Solutions as potentially the most important medical advance of the 20th century
Hydralyte Dominates Australia
- 2001. Hydralyte launches in Australia with its base range of clinically effective oral rehydration solutions – 1L Solutions and Freezer Pops
- 2001-2014. Hydralyte grows to dominate the market in Australia, eventually capturing more than 83% of the market and growing per capita consumption by more than 340%
- April 2014. Hydralyte sells the rights to the brand in Australia and New Zealand to Prestige Brands (NYSE: PBH), opting to focus on bringing Hydralyte to the rest of the world
Hydralyte Goes Global
- 2010. Hydralyte launches in Canada, bringing great tasting ORS
- 2015. Launched Hydralyte Electrolyte Effervescent Tablets
- May 2016. Hydralyte begins selling in the US
- Today: Currently Hydralyte is available in all major drug retailers across Canada, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Rexall, Loblaw, Jean Coutu and London Drugs.
Check out our where to buy page to see the latest on where to find Hydralyte.